Always Seek Experienced Legal Advice
NYC Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Before turning a medical-error claim into a bona fide medical malpractice case in NYC, it makes sense to discuss the particulars with lawyers who are experienced in this area.
Attorneys at Julien & Schlesinger are adept at recognizing when a NYC medical malpractice case will be successful, because the firm has extensive experience and a precedence-setting record in this area of law. As top litigators in the field for more than seventy years, we have established standards that affect NYC malpractice cases on medications, medical devices, faulty machinery or equipment, as well as human error made by medical practitioners.
What qualifies for medical malpractice?
NYC malpractice case law provides for injured or deceased patients who suffered negligence at the hands of a medical provider—doctors, dentists, therapists, pharmacists, as well as facilities that include hospitals and clinics. It is the job of the attorney to identify when the provider is responsible for adverse effects on a patient in a NYC medical malpractice case. Proof of negligence falls on the plaintiff in all NYC malpractice lawsuits. The types of injuries include but are not limited to the following:
- Anesthesia errors
- Birth injuries (cerebral palsy and other brain damage)
- Consent prior to medical procedures improperly retained
- Diagnostic delays
- Negligence of any kind
- Prescription drug errors
- Surgical errors
- Treatment improper or inappropriate for medical conditions
Founder Alfred S. Julien had a national reputation as a top litigator and was the president of the American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America). His groundbreaking work helped form the New York legal system, particularly on diverse personal injury case law.
The firm has established precedence in a number of medical malpractice cases:
- First firm to successfully litigate in favor of children of mothers who ingested DES (a synthetic estrogen prescribed to millions of women from 1938 to 1971), which led to cancers among offspring.
- Succeeded in the New York Court of Appeals at establishing the right of a woman to damages over the loss of consortium due to an injury to her spouse (previously, that right was only afforded husbands).
- Succeeded also in the New York Court of Appeals on behalf of a patient who received negligent medical care; the case hinged on an extended period of time after the last actual doctor visit but over which time a relationship of trust was in force and which led to the patient’s medical injury.
The attorneys, paralegal and other staff of Julien & Schlesinger follow this proud traditions of excellence, diligence and creativity. A NYC medical malpractice case would have a hard time finding better representation.
If you believe you have been a victim of medical malpractice, contact NYC medical malpractice attorneys Julien & Schlesinger, P.C., or call 1-866-915-3451.
Call the NYC medical malpractice law firms, Julien & Schlesinger, P.C. regarding NYC malpractice law suit, case, and settlements.