Claims Against The City

New York City Police Misconduct Attorneys

There is no doubt that city governments and their representatives have a monumental task of keeping their cities running smoothly. That does not give them the right, however, to conduct themselves in a way that puts their constituents at risk of injury or harm. If you have suffered in any way as a result of the actions or inactions of your city government, you may be entitled to seek damages.

Claims against the city can be very difficult to prove due to the immunity provided to a number of city departments and employees. In cases like these, it is important to have an experienced New York attorney from the law firm of Julien & Schlesinger, P.C. representing you. We represent clients from across New York City and throughout the state in all types of claims against local city agencies.

There are also very strict time limitations for filing claims against city governments or city agencies. Therefore, it is vital that you immediately contact one of our attorneys after you have been injured.

Holding City Officials Accountable to the Law

We understand how intimidating it can be to file a lawsuit against the city. It is important to understand that no one is above the law, and anyone who violates your rights should be held accountable for it. We fearlessly take on municipal governments around the state when they overstep their authority to the detriment of our clients.

We represent clients in many different types of claims against the city, including:

  • Police misconduct
  • Police brutality
  • Police negligence
  • Claims against city schools
  • Claims against city hospitals
  • Claims against city parks
  • Claims for injuries suffered on city property, including sidewalks and curbs

Call for a Free Initial Consultation

Contact our office today to discuss your municipal liability claim with a lawyer. We will give you an honest assessment of your case and give you our best recommendation about how to proceed. You can reach us by phone at 212-962-8020 or via e-mail to schedule an appointment.